Complete 10 challenges and receive a cool Missaukee Conservation District cinch sac!
Please remember to practice safe social distancing while doing the Quarantine Quest.
- Quest is for Missaukee County residents only.
- Quest will run from April 15, 2020 to July 31, 2020.
- All 10 challenges must be completed to earn a cinch sac.
- Challenges can be completed in your backyard, neighborhood, a park, or a nature trail.
- When you have completed the quest please bring the completed challenges to our office to pick up your cinch sac.
- Please call 231.839.7193 before visiting our office.
- We are located at 6180 West Sanborn Road, Lake City, MI
- There are Quest packets located in a brochure holder at our trail head and beside our office door
- If you have any questions or need us to print and mail the challenges please email Andrea Mayer at email@example.com.
- MissaukeeNatureTrail located at 6180 West Sanborn Rd, Lake City, MI
- Missaukee County Park
- Maple Grove Park
- Crooked Lake Park
Save the worksheets or pictures and bring the 10 completed challenges to our office for your cinch sac.
- Habitat Hunt: Search for habitat elements for different animals
- Print this worksheet, pick a wild animal and use the worksheet to find food, water, cover, and a place to raise their young.
- Habitat Hunt Worksheet
- Spring Nature Walk: Go on a sensory nature walk
- Print this resource and use the worksheet to record what you find on your walk
- Spring Sensory Nature Walk
- Tree Detective: Use tree clues to identify a tree
- Print the worksheets and use to record tree observations
- Use the “Identifying Trees of Michigan” to help you figure what tree you are observing
- Tree Detectives Worksheet
- Identifying Trees of Michigan
- All About My Tree: Draw a picture and tell about your tree
- Print the worksheet
- Print the worksheet and tell about the tree from Challenge 3
- Draw your tree and identify the parts of the tree
- Tell about how big your tree is and what lives near it
- Draw pictures of the things trees need to survive
- All About My Tree
- Make A Leaf Rubbing: Turn leaves into art
- Find some leaves- they can be ones that have fallen off of trees
- Follow the directions for making a tree rubbing
- Leaf Rubbings Directions
- Play Buddy Bison’s Backyard Bingo- choose activities to do outdoors
- Print the bingo card and instructions
- Follow the instructions on the card for filling out the bingo card
- Notice that some of the bingo activities are quest challenges
- Buddy Bison Bingo
- Make a Bird Feeder: Use recycled materials to make a bird feeder and place it in your yard
- You can use these Audubon instructions for making a bird feeder or you can find instructions online for making bird feeders out of other recycled materials
- How To Make A DIY Recycled Bird Feeder
- Take a picture of the bird feeder in your yard
- Be a Bird Sleuth: Use clues to identify a bird
- Print the worksheets and use them to identify a bird in your yard or on a hike
- Bird Sleuth
- Be a Wildlife Tracker: find tracks as you explore outdoors
- Print the worksheet and take it with while you are on your walk. See what tracks you can find.
- Animal Tracks Scavenger Hunt
- Make a Nature Journal- follow the instructions to make your own nature journal. This would be a great place to keep your leaf rubbing.
- Use the instructions for making the journal and decorate the cover
- Nature Journaling