We Love Native Species!
- Native plants are great for our wildlife, soils, and local climate conditions!
- They are great for any landscape and are highly tolerant to our year-round weather conditions.
- Native plants can adapt to poor quality soils because of their extensive root systems.
- They are drought tolerant and require less maintenance.
- Native plants also provide wildlife benefits like providing food and places to live
The Missaukee Conservation District is dedicated to offering species adapted to our region.
Our goal is to educate about the importance of native plants and their connection to pollinators and native wildlife.
We also provide opportunities for the public to purchase native plants locally and for affordable prices.
Our Tree Seedling Sale is the last weekend in April
The annual tree seedling sale may contain a few non-native species. As partners of North Country Invasive Species Management Area (NCCISMA) we do not offer non-native plants that are considered invasive.
This year we will have a Spring Native Plant Sale during our Seedling Sale (Order Native Plants By May 28, 2020 and Pick-Up is June 5, 2020) and Fall Native Plant Sale on Sept 26, 2020
- Click Here To Go To Our Seedling and Native Plant Sale Page