This year’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection will take place
June 6, 2020 from 9 am to 1 pm
Missaukee County Road Commission
1199 N. Morey Road (M-66)
Missaukee County taxpayers only.
- On-site paper shredding will take place free
- We will accept oil based paint, fluorescent light bulbs, pesticides, cleaners, and antifreeze. NO motor oil or latex paint will be accepted.
- Mattresses and box springs will be collected for $20 each piece.
- A grant has been written to underwrite collection of electronics. That announcement will be made mid-April.
- We will accept Tires- See this link for details
In 2019 the collection was AMAZING! Check out this graphic to see how much material was diverted from the landfill. Thank you to Missaukee County Road Commission, Lake City Football Team, USDA Rural Development Solid Waste Management, U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps – Michigan Mountaineers Division, and our many volunteers.