There are a few changes to our collection this year:
- First, we will be only able to offer one tire collection due to the new timeline of the DEQ grant requirements. The tire collection will be at the Missaukee County Road Commission. The first 7 passenger tires will be free and only $2 each after that. Large, oversized tires will cost $15; we are unable to accept tires that are taller than 4 feet and 12 inches wide.
- Second, we are unable to take latex paint this year as our vendor is unavailable. Thankfully latex paint is not hazardous to you or the environment. Donate leftover paint to a neighbor or family project. Latex paint can easily be stirred back into beauty! If there isn’t much left or it’s starting to dry up you can finish the job in two ways: leave the lid off (in a safe place) or add sand or kitty litter to the can (to absorb the paint). Once it’s dried up it can be disposed of it in your regular trash.
- Third, electronics will be limited to certain items this year–computer towers, laptops and circuit boards, hard drives, along with keyboards, computer speakers, mouse and printers ONLY. Batteries and ink cartridges must be removed, please. Absolutely NO televisions or computer monitors will be accepted. The electronics will be collected at the Missaukee Recycling Center. Goodwill accepts flat screens.
- Fourth, on-site paper shredding and household hazardous waste will be collected at the Missaukee County Road Commission.
- Finally, the recycling center will be open as usual the same day collecting your happy, weekly recycle items!
Volunteers are still needed to assist with non-physical needs such as traffic directors, tally markers and assistants. Call our office: 231.839.7193 or email Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteer sign up! Help us carry out our conservation mission!
More information (including a partial list of accepted items) can be found under the “Recycling” tab at the top of the page, or share our event on Facebook.
Becky Bode is the Recycling Center Coordinator & Recycling/Compost Educator. You can find her at the Missaukee County Recycling Center Saturdays, 9 am to 1 pm and Wednesdays, 9 am to 5 pm.