Living Better With ~ Fresh Air ~ Healthy Soils ~ Clean Water ~ More Recycling ~ And ~ Less Waste ~
Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Recycling Center is open Wednesday 9 am to 3 pm and Saturday 9 am to 1 pm. The recycling center will be closed on Tuesday’s from Labor Day to Memorial Day.
AmeriCorps 2021 Recruitment
Now accepting applications for 2020-2021 Huron Pines AmeriCorps Positions
- An opportunity to join others with dedication, passion and enthusiasm for the environment and for national service
- Develop real-world skills, increase your experiences and have the opportunity to network with other resource professionals
- Educational award in the amount of $6,195
- Loan forbearance of qualified federal student loans during the term of service
- Living stipend totaling $14,279 (distributed bi-weekly; this is taxable income)
- Health care coverage
- Child care benefits, if eligible
Minimum eligibility requirements
All positions require the following, but please read each position description carefully for specific position requirements.
- United States citizen or have proof of lawful permanent resident alien status
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be committed to serving 1,700 hours from January 28, 2021 through December 3, 2021
- Ability to pass a background check
How to apply
- Read through the position descriptions below to determine which position(s) you would like to apply for.
- Fill out the Member Application 2020-2021 (check all positions you are interested in)
- Submit one cover letter, resume and Huron Pines AmeriCorps Member Application via email to Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program Manager Amanda Vanaman, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
All applications must be in by October 12, 2020.
*The full term of service is January 28, 2021 through December 3, 2021*
Click on the positions below to download complete descriptions and requirements
Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy, Stewardship Technician– Traverse City, MI
Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy, Volunteer and Event Coordinator-Traverse City, MI
Huron Pines, Stream Habitat Restoration Technician– Alpena, MI (2 positions)
Kalkaska Conservation District, Community Engagement Specialist– Kalkaska, MI
Keweenaw Land Trust, Keweenaw Water Trail Coordinator– Hancock, MI
Leelanau Conservancy, Stewardship Technician– Leland, MI (2 positions)
Michigan Natural Features Inventory, Conservation Science Technician– Lansing, MI (2 positions)
Michigan Nature Association, Volunteer and Outreach Specialist– Okemos, MI
Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Engagement Specialist – Lansing, MI
Missaukee Conservation District, Conservation Technician– Lake City, MI
MSUE Sea Grant, Education & Outreach Program Coordinator – Macomb County, MI
U.S Fish and Wildlife Service-East Lansing, Imperiled Species Education and Outreach Program Coordinator– East Lansing, MI
U.S Forest Service Mio, Huron- Manistee National Forest, Outreach Coordinator– Mio, MI
Reasonable accommodations: If you need to make a request for reasonable accommodation, due to a disability, such as obtaining materials in a different format fully participating in the application process, please contact Amanda Vanaman, email@example.com, Huron Pines AmeriCorps Program Manager.